Our Mission: To foster and certify high standards of competence, integrity and ethics in conservators through an accreditation process, to facilitate public access to professional conservators, and to promote professional standards in heritage preservation.
Our Vision: A Canadian conservation profession with a nationally recognized accreditation process.
- To accredit conservators and conservation scientists who meet professional standards in specific specializations.
- To maintain and make accessible a directory of accredited members.
- To advise, assist, and otherwise participate in the training of conservators to meet established standards.
- To promote, endorse, and encourage professional development in conservation.
- To develop and publish information aimed at raising conservation standards.
- To actively promote professional standards in heritage preservation in the public and private sectors.